Businesses Throughout Taiwan Can Now Deliver IoT Services with Asia Pacific Telecom and Cisco Jasper
APT Launches the Cisco Jasper IoT Platform to Enable Companies to Deliver New Connected Experiences for their Customers
Taipei and San Jose, CA – Businesses throughout Taiwan can now accelerate their adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT) and deliver new connected experiences to their customers, thanks to Asia Pacific Telecom and Cisco. Asia Pacific Telecom today announced that it has launched the Cisco Jasper® IoT connectivity management platform – Control Center – to enable businesses to capitalize on IoT to meet the changing needs and expectations of their customers with new connected services.
“Effective connectivity management is critical for IoT success, which is why we have partnered with the industry’s leading IoT platform provider,” said Li Yijen, head of New Business Development at Asia Pacific Telecom. “Together with Cisco Jasper, we are enabling our customers to easily commercialize new IoT services while dramatically reducing time-to-market.”
Cisco® Jasper Control Center is the automated connectivity management platform that makes it possible to launch, manage and monetize IoT services any time, anywhere. With Control Center, businesses ensure that their connected services run reliably, securely and at the lowest possible cost. Control Center is the IoT platform of choice for more than 7,500 businesses worldwide today, empowering them to:
- Rapidly scale and generate new revenue streams to drive profitability
- Streamline operations and eliminate unpredictable spend
- Deliver exceptional customer experiences
“Together with Asia Pacific Telecom, we can enable any company across any industry to transform their businesses with IoT, and accelerate their success with new connected services and business models,” said Hong Lu, Managing Director, APJ & Greater China at Cisco Jasper. “Achieving meaningful business results with IoT is only possible with managed connectivity, and with Asia Pacific Telecom and Control Center, companies throughout Taiwan will have the tools they need to capitalize on the IoT opportunity.”
Asia Pacific Telecom is enabling companies in every industry to introduce IoT services, and they are seeing particularly strong demand for IoT in the following industries:
- Transportation & Logistics – Transportation and logistics companies leverage IoT to increase productivity and profitability with 24/7 visibility, automated control, and remote diagnostics.
- Retail – Retailers are capitalizing on IoT to offer new services, enhance their customer experiences and more quickly enter new markets.
- Connected Car – Vehicle manufacturers are utilizing IoT to deliver new revenue-generating services that can enhance the driver’s experience throughout the life of the vehicle.
- Building Security & Automation – Security and automation providers utilize IoT to accelerate installs and increase service reliability, automate monitoring for rapid response times, and reduce costly truck rolls with remote diagnostics.
- Smart Cities – Cities are embracing the power of IoT to make urban life safer and more convenient with Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), connected parking solutions, smart utilities, and more.
For global companies looking to expand their IoT services into Taiwan, they can easily do so with Control Center and Asia Pacific Telecom. Cisco Jasper partners with 33 global mobile operator groups that represent more than 120 mobile operator networks worldwide, so when businesses are ready to scale their IoT services to additional countries, they can quickly do so.
About Asia Pacific Telecom
Asia Pacific Telecom Co., Ltd. provides telecommunication services to personal and business users primarily in Taiwan. Its services include broadband fixed line, broadband mobile communication, and broadband Internet services.
About IoT by Gt
IoT by Gt is the IoT total solution service provided by Asia Pacific Telecom. With both narrowband and broadband interfaces, we provide seamless IoT services to any connected devices and applications. IoT by Gt is your trusted partner to bring out the full IoT potentials. Discover more at www.gtiot.net.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow’s digital opportunity today. Discover more at newsroom.cisco.com and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems and Cisco IOS are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Cisco Media Relations